Monday, September 30, 2013

HP ENVY 15-j059nr WHQL Nvidia Drivers

Another small update on my journey with the HP ENVY 15-j059nr;

I went ahead and installed the latest WHQL Nvidia generic mobile graphics card drivers, since they were many many versions ahead of the official HP drivers for this laptop.

So far the new drivers are working great, I cannot cite any issues with the update, and the new drivers offer many more options, and better performance.

So for anyone out there with this machine, go ahead and get those NVIDIA updates!


As a side note, I have noticed random audio stuttering for very brief moments randomly while using the laptop.  This has been reported elsewhere on the internet as well.  I have yet to get to the bottom of this, and it still happens with the updated Nvidia GFX Drivers.


*EDIT 10/1

Updated to the latest BETA nvidia drivers, 331.40, so far so good.

No comments: