Monday, June 19, 2006

My quest for making a "Gaming Pod"



I have wanted to have a semi enclosed "pod" specifically for computer usage/gaming for a long time now. The idea has been thrown around many many times, and has always seemed like something that would be easy to do, and have a great benefit. However its just one of those things I have not gotten around too. Now that I have a full sized arcade, I need a "cockpit" like enclosure as well!

I want to design it in such a way, that it is not only great for gaming, but also can make for a productive workstation as well. The main objectives? A semi enclosed environment, that can remove unwanted distractions, as well as act as a sound buffer. Full access to all types of control/computer input that would come to be expected in a workstation, and gaming environment.

Anyways, these are some photos from across the net of a particular design I like. While it is not enclosed, it can be made to pretty easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to building one and it is awesome. I should have built it years ago. Cost around $300 not including the computer equipment.
http://www.renolanparty.com/projects/gamingpod/
-MrHappy, Reno NV